Outsourcing or Managed, though commonly used, has its pros and cons. There isn’t any “fit all” solution for any organization. Since each organization varies in terms of type and size, it is important to know when to outsource a PMO. But if you are still having second thoughts about outsourcing project controls, then here are a few reasons why you should stop thinking and outsource PMOs now!
- Cost-effectiveness: Outsourcing project controls can be extremely cost effective. You might ask, why and how? That is because you can outsource as many or as few projects. Outsourcing can make a huge difference to your existing controls as it will help you reduce the number of hours your team puts in to manage a project. Outsourcing creates a cascading effect on the projects which results in faster delivery of many projects. The more, the better, right?
- Experiences from experts: Experts usually work on many different projects from various organizations. Hence, they bring experiences from other organizations which might benefit your project. Learning and implementing practices in the project will help your organization.
- New strategies and methods: An external expert who has worked with various organizations in the past can help identify newer and smarter ways to handle a project. This can benefit your organization in a lot of ways without investing much of your own time.
- More objectivity: Every office or organization has some internal conflicts. However, an outside expert taking control, may reduce the impact of such conflicts on the project as he/she would not get influenced by such things and bring in objectivity. Instead, they might bring an improved way work processes which can be helpful to the organization.
- Improved prioritization and streamline Projects: Internal project controls have their cons, such as limited number of users, trouble with the IT departments, etc. However, outsourcing your projects gives you the benefit of prioritizing all the project controls throughout the project period, which ensures higher quality of work and streamlining of tasks. In addition, outsourcing project controls can help you by influencing your career as it allows you to complete more projects at a faster pace, thereby leading to monetary benefits and higher experience.
- Lower Cost Structure: Usually, project managers are well paid. If your firm has a need for a project manager who would be needed on a part-time basis, or only per project basis, then outsourcing is the best option at hand as it is costs less. Multiple pricing structures based on service levels, experience in the field, business model while keeping in mind the target market. Therefore, it is all up to you to choose the best vendor for your business.
- Higher experience and competence: Project management is a highly specialized area that requires one to have knowledge and skills, such as attention to detail, the ability to visualize the scope of the project and aligning it with business goals. If the internal project manager does not have much experience with providing high-quality project management services, which will enable businesses to execute their projects successfully and also juggling hectic schedules, then it is best to choose an outsourced experienced project manager.
- Smoother operations: Projects that are facilitated by an experienced PMO consultant open doors for many opportunities. Once an experienced and well organized PMO consultant is hired by an organization, there is less internal friction and the expectations from each employee to achieve are well defined.
- Opportunity to negotiate with more providers: Since there are multiple firms that offer project management services that you can choose from, you have the advantage to find the one that matches your requirements most closely.
- Outsourcers want to provide the best service: Some organizations feel that outsourcing means letting go of project controls. However, giving up any part of the project does not represent a threat to your organization. It is important to know that outsourcers have a vested interest in providing the best service possible because that means more opportunities for them in the future.
Outsourcing project controls are synonymous to cost savings and reduction of the workload in your organization. Outsourcing your projects to Progile Tech will provide your organizations with cost-effective and beneficial ways for successful delivery of your projects. Our project management consultants provide the best training and process assurance that is sure to prove a bonus to your company in the future.