Outsourcing or Managed PMO, though commonly used, has its pros and cons. There isn’t a “one size fits all” solution for any organization. Since each organization varies in terms of size and type, it is important to know when and if to outsource a PMO. If you are still having second thoughts about outsourcing project controls, here are a few benefits to outsourcing PMOs;
- Cost-effectiveness: Outsourcing project controls can be extremely cost effective. You might ask yourself, ‘why and how’? It is because you can outsource as many or as few projects. Outsourcing can make a huge difference to your existing controls as it will help reduce the number of hours your team expends in managing a project. Outsourcing has a cascading effect on the projects, which results in faster delivery times for many projects. Faster and better is the answer.
- Experiences from experts: Experts work on many different projects in many different organizations. They bring valuable skills and experiences from other organizations which benefit your project. Learning and implementing those practices in the project will help your organization.
- New strategies and methods: An external expert with a broader range of skills can help identify newer and more beneficial ways to handle a project. This can benefit your organization without investing much of your own time.
- More objectivity: Every office or organization has internal conflicts. However an outside expert may reduce the impact of such conflicts on the project as he/she would not be influenced by such things and would bring greater objectivity and improved work processes which can be helpful to your organization.
- Improved prioritization and streamlined projects: Internal project controls have their cons; such as a limited number of users, trouble with the IT departments, etc. However, outsourcing your projects gives you the benefit of prioritizing all the project controls throughout the specified project period. This ensures a higher quality of work and streamlined tasks. In addition, outsourcing project controls can influence your career as it allows you to complete projects at a faster pace, thereby leading to monetary benefits and gaining greater experience.
- Lower Cost Structure: Experienced Project Managers are well paid. If your firm needs a Project Manager on a part-time or per project basis, outsourcing is the most cost effective solution. Pricing structures are based on required service levels, years of experience in the field, and your business model and target markets.
- Higher experience and competence: Project Management is a highly specialized area that requires verifiable knowledge and skills, attention to detail, and the ability to visualize the project scope whilst aligning those with the company’s goals. If the internal Project Manager does not have much experience providing high-quality project management services with ability to execute their projects successfully while juggling hectic schedules, it is best to choose an experienced outsourced Project Manager.
- Smoother operations: Projects facilitated by an experienced PMO Consultant have many pros. Once an experienced and well organized PMO Consultant is hired, there is less internal friction, and the terms and expectations for the project are well defined.
- Opportunity to negotiate with more providers: Since there are multiple firms that offer Project Management Services, you have the ability to source the PMO that more closely matches your requirements without expending as much effort as with a direct hire.
- Outsourcers want to provide the best service: Some organizations feel that outsourcing means relinquishing control of the project. However, giving up any part of the project does not represent a threat to your organization. It is important to know that outsourcers have a vested interest in providing the best service possible because it hopefully means greater business potential for them in the future.
Outsourcing project controls is synonymous with cost savings and reduction of the workload in your organization. Outsourcing your projects to Progile Tech will provide your organizations with a cost-effective and beneficial way for successful delivery of your projects. Our Project Management Consultants provide the best training and process assurance that is sure to prove a bonus to your company now and in the future.