You’re A Project Manager Who’s Tired of “Recruiter Roulette”
With Your Level Of Expertise, You Deserve Better!
You’ve been in the biz for long enough to expect excellent treatment. Current hiring experiences amount to a beyond-ridiculous “cattle call” embarrassment. You don’t feel like your talents and experience are brokered with appropriate respect.
Recruiters don’t understand project management, project manager jobs, or even the details of the job req. they’re filling. Your time is wasted on poor-fit “opportunities”. You’re competing against multiple candidates from several agencies. Decision timelines run in the months instead of days. Some contracts are shorter than the job search took.
These Project Manager Job Search Problems…
Are Wasting Your Time and Impacting Your Income
Job searching has become a full-time, dehumanizing, lengthy process. Let’s be honest with each other here. The twists and turns rival a soap opera. It feels like you can’t count on anyone or any agency. These are the specific issues you’re encountering looking for project manager jobs.
- Project management job searching is currently a very painful process. As a project management consultant, you’re looking for a new job every 6-12 months. It doesn’t matter how great a job you’ve done, you’re out and looking again. You update your resume’ and put it online, and get a ton of recruiter calls. Most are frantic attempts to fill a slot with a warm body. Few of them pan out and you’re left in limbo.
- Recruiters don’t understand project management, and that wastes your time. Maybe they just “want to get to know you”. Even worse though, most of them don’t understand the jobs they’re recruiting for. They’re clueless about project management and project management roles. They submit your resume’ to a hiring manager, and you get an interview. The day arrives. You sit down. Then, both you and the hiring manager realize you’re not a fit. What a waste!
- Recruiters don’t work directly with the hiring manager. This means that they’re removed from the hiring process, without control or influence on hiring decisions. They may have a supervisor, agency recruiting manager, and/or account manager between them and the hiring manager. They can’t possibly represent you well.
- Contracts are farmed out to multiple agencies making it a lottery approach. Most companies have vendor policies that require them to use multiple agencies. You never know if the hiring process is a sham providing “cover” for an already-identified candidate. You have no idea how many candidates you’re competing against. It’s disheartening.
- You never get a straight answer or even updates about your candidacies. The recruiter who was so excited and supportive to submit you has become a ghost. No answers to your calls, texts or emails. No feedback about interviews. Nothing! Zilch! It’s as if you never even existed. You’re wondering if you’re still in the running or if the job req. has been pulled. You don’t know and just have to pick yourself back up and keep looking.
Retail IT Project Manager Role
When I was first approached about a 1099 contract opportunity with PROGILE, I was hesitant. I have always been a W-2 employee throughout my career. But after visiting the client’s site, learning about the opportunity, and Jagan’s advice on 1099 contracting I became much more at ease with the opportunity.
The next step was to understand all the costs associated with working 2000+ miles from your home, estimating that expense and coming up with an hourly rate to cover a salary plus expenses. Again, Jagan was a huge help in understanding the ins and outs of making this arrangement work for everyone involved.
It’s been 17 months now! I have never once regretted making the decision to go with PROGILE. I have a great client, a great job, and love working with PROGILE, they make this arrangement simple.
Jeff Payne – Retail, Retail System, POS, Supply Chain
Working With Progile For Project Manager Jobs Is Different!
We Treat Our Candidates With The Respect They Deserve
Because our founder is a Project Manager, Progile understands your professional needs. Our whole company philosophy is a direct result of these career experiences. Here’s what you can expect from us.
- You’ll work longer contracts with extensions, and eliminate most of the pain of project management job searching. We’re in it for long-term relationships with our consultants. We want to get you hired and keep you busy. Our contracts are usually long-term, 12 months and longer, and they’re often extended. Project managers often get hired into full-time jobs. You’re spending your time making money, not looking for work.
- With specialization in project management roles, we understand your background. We’ve got the experience to dig into job descriptions as only a project manager can. When we talk to you about a job, we’re already pretty sure that you’re a good fit. This means you’re not wasting your time on “bad fit” interviews.
- We work directly with hiring managers in exclusive agreements. We get exclusivity because we go in as an advisor, rather than as a “warm body” agency. Even though, by company policy, they have to consider several agencies, they’re looking to hire through us. The reason is that we have that kind of relationship and reputation. We directly advocate for you.
- When we submit you, you are considered to be the primary candidate. You are not going to waste your time in sham hiring pretenses covering for an inside candidate. You’re among 1-3 candidates that our agency is submitting Going into interviews, you have a lot more confidence since it’s not a meat market.
- We promise you straight answers and consistent updates about candidacies. We don’t ghost or dodge you. We give you feedback about your interviews. If there’s a snag, you know it. If the hiring manager chooses another candidate, we don’t keep you in the dark. We attempt to get you productive feedback if another candidate is chosen.
PMO Director Role
Progile was my agency in securing a position recently. From an experienced consultant’s perspective, Progile managed the selection process professionally, handled the legal and contracting activities efficiently, was completely responsive to requests and issues, and paid on time. All Excellent!
I built a strong relationship with our mutual client, and they clearly appreciated Progile’s professionalism as well. I would be very happy to work with Progile again.
Kevin Hughes – PMO Setup, Project Rescue, IT Governance
That’s Not All—Because Of The Different Way We Work…
You Can Expect Powerful Money-Related Benefits
Now here’s the “kitchen table” factors that project manager consultants really care about. What you care the most about is your own bottom line—how quickly you get hired, how much you’re paid, and how dependable your paychecks are. That’s what’s most important to you. Here’s what you can expect on our projects.
- Our hiring cycle moves very quickly—figured in days rather than months. Our jobs have an accelerated hiring cycle, often with a hire happening in a few days. You may have your phone screen in a couple of days, then an in-person interview a few days after that. We’ve screened you so thoroughly to start with that, that there’s no reason to drag you through months of “candidate screening”.
- You get higher pay—typically 10-15% above market rates. That’s because we’re efficient, agile, and keep our costs low. With low costs and lower margins, we pass those savings down as higher rates to our consultants. Clients also pay higher rates because our specialized candidates are such a good fit that they command premium rates. It’s common for a hiring manager to hire—without even asking us the rate.
- You get on-time payment every time—every two weeks. You don’t have to worry about paying your bills while managing the client’s project. If you’re working Corp-to-Corp, the first check is paid “net 45”. After that you get paid regularly every two weeks. You aren’t chasing your money or getting paid “whenever” the corporation gets around to it. You do the work and you get paid promptly. You can bank on it. About 85% of our consultants are Corp-to-Corp, and we support you in your business.
Change Management Role
I have had the pleasure to partner with Progile on my current assignment. Progile has been a great partner. I am a 1099 / (Corp-to-Corp) independent consultant. Progile has been timely and accurate in processing my time-sheets and expenses—and pays quickly.
Any questions I may have concerning my contract or payment timelines are answered immediately. I feel confident and secure having Progile as my agent.
Rhett Cast – Release Management, Change Management, ERP Project Management
That’s Not All—We’re Committed To Growing Our Project Managers
We Can Only Grow If You’re Growing
As you work for us, you can expect us to consult with you on your next career moves. We’ll talk about how we can help each other grow and achieve our goals. We support your career path. Here are some of the ways we provide ongoing growth to our project management consultants.
- You get ongoing support from us while you’re on the job. You’re not swimming alone with sharks. We use our resources to make sure you succeed. If the hiring manager decides you’re lacking a skill, we make sure you get it. Sometimes, we buy you books or training or negotiate with the client to send you to a seminar. If you have communication issues, we help you sharpen your skills. You’re never blindsided, you’re supported.
- At Progile, we actively our consultants to line up your next assignment. We take a vested interest in having that next assignment ready for you when your contract is close to completion. We’re proactive representatives of your talent. You’re not worrying about your next contract. You’re performing at your peak.
- You can guest blog on our website and we promote you along with our own business. The blog is hosted on our own site, and promoted on LinkedIn. We publish your posts into different channels to get you broader exposure.
Digital Project Manager Role
When I decided to explore new opportunities, I came across Progile in my search. I saw they had a few positions that could be a match for my skills. I submitted my resume’ and received a call from Jagan fairly quickly.
Jagan and I had a great conversation, touching on both professional and personal interests. Although those initial positions were already filled, Jagan regularly stayed in touch with me to see where I was. Eventually, he was able to match me with an opportunity where I am currently working as a project manager.
My overall experience with Progile, from pre-hiring courtesy, to maintaining relationship with consultants over time, to efficient accounting and regular paychecks, has been extremely positive. Progile is definitely in the upper echelon of staffing firms that I’ve ever dealt with. I highly recommend to any experienced project manager looking for PM-related opportunities, call Progile now.
Ruslan Torban, CSM, PMP – Ecommerce, Software Engineer
Where To Next?
Now that you understand how we work with project manager consultants, you may want to submit your resume using the form below.