When’s The Right Time To Call Us?
When you are looking to hire a single consultant or multiple consultants to build your unique project team. Some of the areas we focus on are – Project Management, Program Management, Business Process Improvement, Process Engineering, Change Management, Change Communication Management, and Training Management.
Here’s a Long List When We’re The Only Project Management Staffing and Consulting Company You Should Call
You’re a busy manager with no time to waste. We appreciate that fact because of our own Project Management experience. There are times and situations when your best course of action is to give us a call. We’ll truly be your partner in solving your unique resource problem. Here’s when you just plain should call us.
- An extended hiring process could sabotage the project. If you invest several months hiring the perfect project management consultant, you can’t meet aggressive timelines. You’re in a bind unless you get the right person on board more quickly than that.
- There’s no room for a mistake; the role is mission critical to the enterprise. You have to be absolutely confident from day one that the consultant you hire knows what they’re doing. You can accept nothing less.
- You must fill a brand new role with a perfect fit to lead the team. The Project Management Consultant have to have unique expertise and skills to drive the initiative. You don’t have the time or resources to invest in finding this “talent unicorn”. You’re going to leave it to a pro.
- You have to backfill a niche role that was vacated for one reason or another. It could be a retirement, an internal or external move or sudden realization of a bad fit. You’ve got a critical initiative dependent on this project management role and, unexpectedly, you have to fill it quickly.
- You want to build bench strength without adding to head count. You’re lacking specific expertise and need to hire it. It’s may or may not become a permanent job. A consultant is the way to go.
- Your consultant hire from another vendor is a dud and you’re going to end up with career consequences. Sweating bullets isn’t an option. You have to take action quickly and keep the project on track without missing a beat.
You Need To Hire A Project Management Consultant Pronto
Here’s A Few Reasons Why You Might Want To Call Us First
When you’re comparing agencies, you want to know what you’re getting. Every agency seems to blab on about how great they are. It’s easy to tune out. Here are some distinctive features that set our staffing agency above others.
- We understand technical fit—a primary selector for your candidates. Think about this: who’s going to provide better-qualified candidates, a random firm or one who’s spent a decade in the field? The answer is obvious. You’re going to get a better fit from an agency who’s “been there”. We understand the technical subtleties to a granularity that only comes from years of “insider experience”.
- We know cultural fit can be every bit as important as technical fit. Let’s be honest. Most consulting firms don’t understand the dynamics of cultural fit. They can’t select candidates based on what they don’t know. You’re aware though that there’s subtle currents and cross currents in the organization. Various stakeholders are driven by different agendas. Budgetary demands require adjustments. Your consultant must be able to successfully navigate and balance seemingly conflicting needs.
- Our Consultants save you a lot of time—during the hire, while on-boarding, and throughout the engagement. You won’t have to micromanage or hover over their shoulder. You’ll be impressed at their professionalism in all stages of the project. Since you don’t have to monitor the project like a hawk, you can use time saved for your own business objectives.
- Our consultants require shorter ramp up time. The average candidate from a typical agency needs a 3-4 months to ramp up. Our tested and proven consultants are effective on day one. Why? Because they’re naturally proactive, and because they’re savvy enough to immediately pursue the right objectives. They’re strategic as well as technical, grasp the role immediately, and settle in quickly.
- We provide transparency and accountability throughout the engagement. Our consultants update you with regular status reports, keeping everything on track. They hold themselves accountable and manage the accountability of the team. Even in instances of unclear positional authority, they have the soft skills that motivate teamwork and results.
- Project handover is meticulously executed with crystal clear communication and documentation. You can count on your project being handed off cleanly, without confusion or loose ends. Our consultants are professionals and ensure that tasks are documented accurately so that no one is left wondering what’s been done.
That’s Not All Though, There’s Much More
How We Are As An Agency Is Every Bit As Important
Here’s what you can expect from your relationship with us as an agency. There are certain behaviors you can expect that we stake our professional reputation on.
- We value your time as much as our own, and behave accordingly. You won’t be bombarded by unnecessary follow-ups, calls, or emails. We won’t interrupt your day to “chat”. All communications are professional, thoughtful, and above all purposeful.
- We interview every consultant thoroughly; we don’t send you mystery consultants. You won’t waste time meeting consultants who look good on paper but are duds in person. We’ve met all consultants either face-to-face or by Skype. No more junk resumes or ridiculous consultants. When we send someone, that means we say they’re OK.
- We have a network that reaches 5000 project management, change management, business process improvement, training management, change communication management consultants and constantly growing. Every day, we talk to new consultants and grow our pool. Because of our focus on the project management specialties, consultants we know are constantly referring new consultants. Whether you need legacy or leading edge skills, we’ve got a broad reach.
- We won’t try to desperately cram a consultant into your role for the revenue. It’s become typical for consulting agencies to scour the Internet and dredge up consultants with sub-par skills and experience. Then, they besiege you trying to get you to accept their choice. This is a waste of your time and energy and mighty aggravating. We NEVER do that. You’ve got my word on it.
- We’ll be straightforward with you if we can’t fill your role or something’s unrealistic. If we realize that your company hiring process could cause a crunch later in project lifecycle, we’ll respectfully mention that. We don’t want to see our clients lose a month or two on the project by getting a late start and having a cascade of problems later.
Our Rigorous Selection Process Nets You The Most Targeted Consultants
Here’s How Our Selection Works and How It’s Different From Other Agencies
You might believe that all agencies are the same, but we beg to differ. We’ve perfected a consultant selection process designed to leave you with the cream of the crop.
- The first thing we do is conduct an in-depth, in-person or phone conversation with the manager. The goal of this session is to determine if we can fill your role/s. If we can, then we want to understand the role, figure out the qualification process, the budget, and your end of the hiring process.
- We make sure that the job description is complete. We might have to surface ideas in our discussion that were overlooked in your job description. This is “insider knowledge” that comes from having industry expertise. You’ll hear us suggesting skills or experiences that are critical but not listed.
- In some instances, we might finalize the job description for you. The reason this is valuable is that we have a library of job descriptions to tap into. That keeps us on top of the latest requirements in general, and helps flush out your needs.
- Instead of taking a scattershot approach, we create candidate questionnaires specific to your project and the job. We go into the selection process knowing what responses you require from candidates. You won’t get us trying to convince you to overlook lack in a candidate. We start and end from your requirements. Consultants must provide the skills and experience you need to move forward in the hiring process.
- We do the vetting before you ever see the consultants. We verify references, check social media, and do a video interview.
- We only send you 2-3 consultants, but you can count on them being perfect matches. We spend a lot of time up front, doing all the hard work for you. You won’t get near-miss candidates or partial matches. We go all the way to get you exactly the talent you need. Our reputation as the best source of PM consultants is hard-earned and precious to us.
Our Personal Touch Doesn’t End With Hiring Though
We Stay In Touch About The Project and Future Projects
Placing the consultant isn’t the end of our services. In some respects, it’s only the beginning. Our objective is to cultivate long-term client relationships. The best way to grow relationships is to actively relate in an ongoing way. Here’s what else you can expect from us.
- We stay in touch with you about the project as it progresses. We don’t just disappear once you’ve hired our consultants. It’s important to know everything’s going well. Honestly, we take pride in hearing how great the fit is and how satisfied you are.
- And we also do regular pipeline pulse checks to learn about upcoming projects. Rather than take a passive approach, we want to be prepared to shorten the timeline even more for your next hire. We aim to provide an active pipeline of consultants for you—BEFORE you need them.
You Have Our Word On This
We guarantee you that if you’re not 100% satisfied with the performance of a project manager placed by this company, we will replace them within 14 days of your informing us.
Where To Next?
Now that you understand how we work and what you can expect from us, let’s set up a Strategy Session to explore your needs.